Thursday 21 June 2012

If you're going to San Francisco....

I went to San Francisco in the United States of America in the summer of 2010. Big Dave (my dad) and little Sade (my sister) went for a 2 week road trip and saw a lot of cool shit. One of my highlights was the time we spent in San Francisco. I don't like traveling in general, it scares me and it's too far from home. Likewise I'm not a big fan of cities. However in San Francisco's case (as in Manchester's) I had to make an exception. It was brilliant! My favorite bit was when me and my sister went out and left Big D to sleep off his steak. We went to a bar where they played The Smiths all night long. We sat and laughed and toasted the night with a black sambuca. As my sister turned to me to say something ridiculous, words did not leave her mouth. What did leave her mouth were streams of black sambuca combined with ribbons of onions (my sister had french onion soup for tea). I was covered in sick and stank of onions. When we got back to the hotel I was close to throwing Sade out the window. We woke Big D up with our arguing. In the morning Sade got the hotel to dry clean my clothes. It was the least she could do, the little shit.

Here is a painting taken from a photo I took from one of those weird San Francisco trams.

No comments:

Post a Comment